Thursday, March 29, 2007

Hi Y'all!!!!

Hi Everyone!!! I arrived in Texas at around 2:30p.m. on Tuesday. The first plane ride was a little bumpy and if it had lasted any longer than it did, I think I would have needed a bag....But, I did get something to take before I got on the next plane so that one was good. But the only thing was, I was between two guys. The one on my left snored the whole time and the one on my right, I think wanted to sleep in my lap. That ride lasted for 2 1/2 hours and I didn't have anything to do because I forgot to bring something. I couldn't really sleep because I had my hair up, which brings me to another story. When I got my bags checked in, I had to walk through the metal detector. And it went off the first time I went through because I had my cell phone in my pocket. So I take it out and I walk through again. It still goes off so they call for someone to came pat me down! This woman comes and puts gloves on and gets a handheld metal detector. She starts at the back of my head and it goes off. My bobby pins were setting it off!!! So, I had to stand there and get patted down from my head to my feet, all because I had bobby pins in my hair! Well, I guess it makes for a good story. :)

Well, I have been here for two days and am having a great time. Although, most of the Turack children have the flu, I am doing well. We hope they are all feeling better by the wedding! Tomorrow night is the wedding shower and tomorrow afternoon, the Maxson girls, Bethany, Angie, and I are going to the church to make the food for it. I know we will have a blast. Last night at church, us girls laughed all night and had a great time. I can't wait for tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

waiting for pictures...Ruth Ann :-)